Sofovir is the official Indian generic of Sovaldi.
Sofovir (Sofosbuvir 400 mg) is used for:
Treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection in certain patients. It must be used with ribavirin or in combination with peginterferon alfa and ribavirin.
Sofovir (sofosbuvir 400 mg) is a HCV nucleotide analog polymerase inhibitor. It reduces the amount of HCV in the body by preventing the spread of HCV in the body.
Do NOT use Sofovir (Sofosbuvir 400 mg) if
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients of Sofovir (Sofosbuvir 400 mg).
- You are pregnant or could become pregnant
- Your sexual partner is pregnant
- Contact your doctor immediately if any of these apply to you.
Before using Sofovir (sofosbuvir 400 mg)
Some medical conditions may interact with Sofovir (sofosbuvir 400 mg). If you have any health problems, please tell your doctor or pharmacist, especially if any of the following applies to you:
- If you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or breastfeed
- If you can get pregnant
- If you are taking any prescription or over-the-counter medications, herbal preparations or dietary supplements
- If you are allergic to drugs, food or other substances
- If you have liver problems other than HCV (such as cirrhosis), HIV infection or anemia
- If you have kidney problems or if you are undergoing dialysis
- If you had a liver transplant
Some medicines may interact with Sofovir (sofosbuvir 400 mg). Ask your doctor or pharmacist if Sofovir (sofosbuvir 400 mg) can interact with other medicines you take. Consult your health care provider before starting, stopping or changing the dose of any medication...Read More