We've detected that your browser may be outdated. We recommend you upgrade your browser to a more recent version.

For the best BagTheWeb experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. .

Default_bag_big

Support BagTheWeb via Patreon!

BagTheWeb has been serving the world's curation needs since 2010. With our ever-growing user base, the cost of running the operation is getting higher. Therefore we turn to you, our users, to ask for your help. Please consider supporting us on Patreon.

Wealth Inequality in the USA, Canada, the UK, and the World: A Slice of the Big Picture Pie!

viewed 1,503 times and seen via embed 8 times

One of the core themes explored in our Global Citizenship course is poverty. We employ social analysis to better understand poverty locally and globally. Poverty is the result of economic inequality, or the unequal distribution of wealth and income among members of any society.

In this content curation project, I want to gather relevant material around the central theme of wealth (and income) inequality in Canada, the US, and globally and connect this major topic to other issues and dimensions including social stratification (the 1% vs. the rest - i.e, 99%), tax avoidance and evasion, charity vs. social justice, and inequality vs. equity - all issues and themes that figure prominently in our course on global citizenship.

created June 08, 2015

updated December 09, 2016

joined 06/08/2015
1 bag