We've detected that your browser may be outdated. We recommend you upgrade your browser to a more recent version.
For the best BagTheWeb experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. .
Your family RV trip guide to Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, and Glen Canyon/Lake Powell national parks. 9 day, 8 night trip. Our children were in 9-14 age range so the activities are geared for this age group.
1. Las Vegas RV pick-up: El Monte RV. 34' footer. 12:00 pm. Get directions to nearest Walmart Super-center to load food and cleaning stuff/handiwipes. Camping is a messy adventure!
2. Zion National Park: 4 day, 3 night stay (though 3 day, 2 night works). 2.5 hr drive. Stayed at Watchman Campground, just inside southern gate across Virgin River from Springdale, UT, a neat town.
3. Bryce National Park: 3 day, 2 night stay. Stayed at North Campground inside the park just across from Visitor's Center. 2 hour drive from Bryce.
4. North Rim Grand Canyon National Park: 3 day, 2 night stay. Stayed at campground right near the famous Lodge. 2.5 hour drive from Bryce.
5. Lake Powell/Glen Canyon National Park: 2 day, 1 night (recommend 3 days, 2 nights if you like water sports!). 2.5 hour drive from North Rim.
6. Las Vegas: 3 days, 2 nights. We loved Mandalay Bay, very family friendly. Great deals on large suite rooms in middle of week.
created October 19, 2009
updated March 17, 2013